12 Months Out
- Announce your engagement to family and friends and plan an engagement party
- Place an engagement announcement in your local newspaper
- Work on the budget
- Choose a wedding date - select a few days in case your first choice is booked
- Reserve ceremony and reception site(s)
- Begin a rough guest list and compile current addresses
- Decide on who you'd like to have as your attendants, including your maid of honor and best man
- Begin shopping for your wedding gown
- Attend a local bridal show or two and jot down notes about any vendors you really liked
- Purchase a wedding planning organizer or calendar to keep track of important dates and appointments.
9 Months Out
- Research and choose one or more bridal gift registries
- Order your wedding gown
- Order other bridal accessories - shoes, gloves and veil
- Begin shopping for bridesmaids dresses
- Find an officiant who will perform your ceremony
- Research vendor websites and blogs, schedule appointments and book ceremony musicians, a wedding band or DJ, photographer, videographer and florist
6 Months Out
- Select and order your wedding invitations, invitation envelopes and thank-you cards
- Select and purchase wedding favors and wedding favor accessories
- Purchase any desired ceremony and reception decorations - unity candles, aisle runner, etc.
- Start researching wedding cake pictures and bakeries for ideas
- Book your honeymoon and verify that you have any necessary travel documents including passports and visas
- Finalize your guest list and send out save-the-date cards.
- Print out directions to the ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner for guests
- Compile a list of area information and things to do for out-of-town guests
- Reserve transportation for you and your wedding party to and from the wedding.
3 Months Out
- Obtain a marriage license.
- Order tuxedos for the groom and groomsmen
- Meet with your Newcastle Wedding Advisor to discuss the menu and your beverage needs
- Meet with your officiant to discuss ceremony details, wording and wedding vows
- Select wedding readings
- Order your wedding cake
- Buy thank-you gifts for your attendants, flower girl and ring bearer
- Shop for a gift for your new spouse-to-be
- Select and purchase wedding rings, and have them engraved if desired
- Coordinate and choose a location for the rehearsal dinner
- Book any other specialty services – ice sculptures, photo booths, etc.
- Purchase luggage and other travel necessities and attire for your honeymoon
- Order/renew passports if necessary, leaving ample time for them to be sent back to you
1 Month Out
- Create a seating chart for the reception and make table numbers and place cards
- Contact your Newcastle Wedding Advisor with a final guest count
- Print out a timeline of events for your wedding party and vendors - include contact information and cell phone numbers
- Meet with your photographer to finalize your wedding photo list of any must-have photos
- Contact your florist to confirm your final flower order (bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, etc.) and go over any decor details or venue logistics for your day.
- Finalize your ceremony and reception music and song lists for your wedding band or DJ
- Place a wedding announcement in your local newspaper
- Plan a bridal luncheon or dinner with your bridesmaids
- Pick up wedding bands and make sure the fit is good
- Schedule a final wedding dress fitting
- Write rehearsal dinner toasts
1 Week Out
- Write out final checks to your wedding vendors (each organized in an envelope) and let your wedding coordinator or one of your attendants distribute at the wedding
- Pick up your wedding gown
- Confirm transportation reservations
- Pack for your honeymoon and confirm travel arrangements
- Have your post office hold your mail, if necessary, while you are on your honeymoon
The Wedding Day
- Set aside some time before the festivities to share gifts with your bridesmaids.
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Arrive at Newcastle 5 hours prior to the ceremony for hair, make-up and photos
- Your Newcastle Wedding Advisor and Bridal Attendant will take care of all the details from here.
- Enjoy your day and congratulations!